Cory Monteith DEAD, Died of Drug Overdose In Vancouver

Cory Monteith DEAD of Drug Overdose In Vancouver

Cory Monteith is dead.  The Glee actor was found dead in a Vancouver hotel and police are not saying but most sources assume the cause of death was a drug overdose. Given Cory’s lifelong battle with deadly addiction and multiple failed attempts at rehabilitation this is no huge surprise. Details are still sketchy put Vancouver police have confirmed that the Hollywood star has died. It seems that staff at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel apparently went to check Cory’s room after he failed to check out on time.  They entered the room finding Cory dead.

Cory’s addiction goes back over 12 years and he had his first stint in rehab when he was 19 after an intervention instigated by his mother.  But as we see in many cases, rehab fails to change the person enough to get them to stop using.  This is another tragic case where all the money and best intentions did no good.

Cory Monteith DEAD of Drug Overdose In Vancouver reports:

Vancouver police announced Saturday night that a 10:30 p.m. press conference would be held to confirm the death of a Hollywood actor.

About a half-hour earlier, though, CTV News and other sources indicated that Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead at the Pacific Rim Hotel after a drug overdose.

Born in Calgary on May 11, 1982, Monteith began his acting career in Vancouver, and was cast as Finn Hudson on Glee when the Fox series debuted in 2009.

Monteith admitted himself into a facility for substance addiction earlier this year and completed the treatment program in April.

Cory recently competed some rehab but obviously that failed. Girlfriend Lea Michele has yet to make a statement.  Autopsy scheduled for Monday.

Rest In Peace Cory.