Prince William And Kate Middleton Get New Armored Bentley – Bullet Proof Car To Keep Prince George Safe

Prince William And Kate Middleton Get New Armored Bentley - Bullet Proof Car To Keep Prince George Safe

So much for the royal family’s exclusive partnership with Range Rover. According to reports, Prince William and Kate Middleton have a new car – and a pricey one at that. Apparently, they’ve gone and got themselves a nice, armored £250,000 Bentley to ‘keep them safe’.

While the security aspect makes perfect sense, it’s not like anyone’s really tried to hurt the royal family up until now. Of course, it’s always better to be safe than sorry and an armored car will always help when it comes to the loonies and crazies trying to get at the royal family – well, the armored car and dozens of security officers.

A palace rep already released a statement confirming the news, saying, “The Bentley is being leased by the Duke and the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry for official engagements, which is no different to any other member of the Royal family.”

The report claims that in addition to being very secure and very expensive, the Bentley also has a top speed of 200 mph, a ‘luxurious interior’, wi-fi, steel armor, tyres resistant to deflation, and bullet-proof windows with thick glass. Talk about an upgrade.

However, it is definitely curious that Kate and Will decided to upgrade now, considering they seemed perfectly happy with their Range Rover. Is it that they wanted a flashier car, or they wanted a safer one? Or both? Could the fact that they have a new baby to look after have anything to do with it?

What do you guys think? Let us know in the comments.

  • Pingback: Prince William Uses TaxPayers' Money To Buy New Bullet Proof Bentley()

  • Steven McIntyre

    An ill informed, ill educated piece of journalism.

    You incorrectly state “it’s not like anyone’s really tried to
    hurt the royal family up until now”. In my attempt to reeducate you, and in keeping with the theme, we’ll confine ourselves to attempts on the lives of members of the present Royal Family whilst in transport.

    First the Lithgow plot, which was an attempt on the
    life of the monarch and Prince Philip whilst traveling by train on 29 April 1970 at Lithgow, New South Wales, Australia. The would-be assassins rolled a large wooden log onto the tracks when in was dark and wedged it into place. It was meant to de-rail the train and if it did it would have smashed into an embankment. It failed because at the time the train was travelling unusually slowly at the time but when it struck the blockage, it still slid for 700m before coming to a stop.

    A train had been through an hour before the Queen’s train to check the line but at that time it was clear. It seems as if the people behind the attack knew the schedule of Her

    20 March 1974 when HRH The Princess Royal and her husband were returning to Buckingham Palace from a
    charity event in her Princess IV limousine. The car was forcibly stopped and in a kidnap attempt The Princess
    Royal was shot at several times. Inspector James Beaton,
    the Princess’s personal police officer, responded by exiting the limousine in order to shield the Princess and was shot along with Alex Callender, the Princess’s chaufer. The assailant Ian Ball intended to demand £3 million and an
    official pardon from HM The Queen. During the attempt Ball directed Anne to get out of the car, to, which she replied: “Not bloody likely!” and briefly considered hitting Ball.

    Next the assignation of
    Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma whilst sailing. Despite security advice and warnings from the Garda Síochána, on 27 August 1979 Mountbatten went lobster-potting and tuna fishing in his wooden
    boat, the Shadow V, which had been moored in the harbour at Mullaghmore. IRA member Thomas McMahon
    had slipped onto the unguarded boat that night and attached a radio-controlled fifty-pound bomb. When Mountbatten was aboard en route to Donegal Bay, just a few hundred yards from the shore, the bomb was detonated.

    Finally 13 June 1981 and the Trooping the
    Colour ceremony. Whilst HM The Queen rode down The Mall to the ceremony Marcus Sarjeant quickly fired six shots from his starting revolver at her.

    The attack happened 15 minutes after the Queen’s departure from Buckingham Palace. Immediately, the Sovereign’s Escort was ordered by the Gold Stick in Waiting to “close up” around Her Majesty. The Queen regained control of Burmese, and continued to Horse Guards Parade.