In a couple of days some of you will be drowning in chocolate, flowers, jewels, stuffed teddy bears and conversation hearts. Ahhh, Valentine’s Day, a day to be shared with your loved one. So what plans do you have for the big day? If you don’t feel like fighting the crowds at the best restaurants in town, then order some take-out, snuggle up on the couch, and enjoy some of the movies that I’ve handpicked for the occasion.
10. Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist – Michael Cera and Kat Dennings are amazing in this movie. As Cera is pining for one girl, Dennings starts to pine over him, all while his ex is rubbing her new romance in his face. May not seem lovey dovey, but it really is.
9. Made of Honor – Patrick Dempsey and Michelle Monaghan are besties in this rom-com. Will these BFFs find love with each other?
8. Definitely, Maybe – Okay, who doesn’t want to spend their Valentine’s watching Ryan Reynolds and all of his deliciousness? Exactly.
7. The Heartbreak Kid – Ben Stiller and Malin Ackerman are high-larious in this comedy. I mean come on, not everything has to be so serious on this day. You’re allowed to enjoy a funny movie.
6. Remember Me – OMG! I cry like a baby every time, but this is definitely a love story worth watching.
5. 50 First Dates – Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler star in this adorable movie about falling in love for the first time over and over again.
4. Sleepless in Seattle – Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan falling in love is a great love story to watch and I’m always pleasantly surprised.
3. Crazy, Stupid, Love – Steve Carrell, Julianne Moore, Emma Stone, and Ryan Gosling star in this movie with intersecting lives.
2. Valentine’s Day – What’s better than watching a movie on Valentine’s day about what happens to people on Valentine’s day?
1. The Notebook – Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams star in this instant classic and is simply an amazing movie. Watching two people end up together who have always loved each other is the best way to spend a Valentine’s evening.
All of these movies are perfect for an evening with your honey but if you can think of some better ones let me know below. I personally remain strictly 80’s teen love stories on V-day such as Can’t Buy Me Love, Say Anything, Valley Girl, but with 24 hours in the day, I’m sure I can fit in several from the list above as well.