America is going RED to help fight heart disease in women on February 7th and we’re giving you the heads up early so you can prepare to show your support for this wonderful initiative. Heart disease is the #1 most fatal disease that affects women of all ages and it’s important that you share this fact with your loved ones, as knowledge — having all the facts in your arsenal — is the single most effective tool in prevention. While medical advancements continue to revolutionize the way heart disease is treated and managed, your body will thank you in the long run if you treat it kindly, with respect, and are conscientious about your health.
So how can you help? How can you get involved in this dynamic campaign, which will spread across America and social media channels in a wash of passionate red? It’s simple. Don your red attire (or find something in your environment that’s red), gather your loved ones, snap a sexy photo, and post your pics to your social media channels — and don’t forget to tag them with #GoRed. Alongside your picture, also consider sharing some of these enlightening statistics, facts, and call-to-action statements, all of which we encourage you to copy and paste directly from this article:
1. Only 1 in 5 American women believe that heart disease is her greatest health threat, but 1 in 3 women will die from heart disease. Please spread these words and help the other 4 in 5 women who don’t know the dangers of heart disease. Let’s change these stats. #GoRed
2. Are there women in your life that you love? Please help me by spreading this message to stop the #1 killer of women, heart disease, from getting to them. #GoRed
3. Heart disease kills 1 woman every minute, about the same amount of time it took you to check your instagram. Please, join me in helping me stop the #1 killer of women by sharing this. #GoRed
4. Knowledge is power, so join me in spreading it…a smokers chances of getting heart disease is cut in half just one year after quitting smoking. #GoRed
5. Because we #GoRed, there’s been a 23% increase in awareness that heart disease is the #1 killer of women in the last 10 years.
6. While 1 in 31 American women dies from breast cancer each year, 1 in 3 dies of heart disease. #GoRed
7. Heart disease kills one woman every minute. Let’s end this. Let’s #GoRed
There you have it. We’ve presented the problem and called you to action, but will you rise to the occasion and take initiative come February 7th, when America goes RED? We have a feeling you’ll all do us proud. If you post your pics to Twitter, feel free to tag us so we can see your efforts. Also, share this article among your friends and spread the word.
Check out the RED photo gallery below for inspiration! Please feel free to pull the informative pics from this article and share them — but please also take the time to make your own RED posts . . . only then will the true magic of this campaign come to fruition!