CDL had the pleasure of an exclusive interview with VH1’s Basketball Wives LA newcomer, Ariane Williams. If you watched last week’s season opener, you’ll likely remember Ariana as the classy and outspoken new member of the show.
Ariane is not just another pretty face on the show, either. Not content with sitting still, Ariane is not just a doting mom to two young children, she is finishing up a degree in fashion merchandising, is a lifestyle and fitness trainer, and is now starring on VH1’s Basketball Wives LA. If that wasn’t enough, this entrepreneurial woman has her sights set on building her own brand, o2bArie, which includes fitness and lifestyle training, as well as a yoga clothing line (and much more) to follow. Our interview follows.
So, Ariane, tell us about o2bArie.
o2bArie essentially means “Oh to be Ariane,” because the brand represents who I am and the way I live my life. It is how I incorporate fitness and health into my life. o2bArie includes consulting services for living a healthy lifestyle, both mind and body. I share my experience and knowledge of healthy eating, fitness, yoga instruction, and wonderful products that I use and believe in for being the best and the healthiest you can be. I have been a yoga instructor for three years and have a client base, but hope to expand it throughout California. Because my brand promotes the best in all of my clients, it is really accurate to think of it as “o2bYOU.”
I hear you have a yoga line in the works. Tell us more about that.
I have loved fashion all my life and used to sketch designs all the time when I was young. I am just starting to get back into sketching and am planning a fashionable yoga line where I can use my background in yoga and fashion to come up with an amazing line. So, my fashion will be another entity to my brand.
How did your training and experience in teaching yoga inspire the o2bArie brand?
I really enjoy yoga because it helps center me. I am very busy, but enjoy that. That can sometimes leave me feeling overwhelmed. That is when I most enjoy yoga as a student. I love taking yoga classes from other instructors. I have found that through yoga and meditation, it helps me to be more focused and calm. I also love the flexibility I have with teaching yoga as it allows me more time with my children. I also cook all my meals from scratch and go to the grocery store almost daily because I like to prepare fresh foods for myself and my kids, no frozen foods. I have cut out preservatives and we never eat fast food. My children are allowed a treat after dinner, but that mainly consists of sweet healthy foods they love. My daughter loves my smoothies and my son loves berries.
Now for some fun quick questions.
1) Favorite show (besides BBWLA). I am a reality show junkie! I really like all the Bravo shows.
2) Any guilty pleasures? I love to eat! I won’t ever give that up. When I feel a sweet tooth coming on, I usually snack on Oreos while watching Sons of Anarchy.
3) Favorite activity to do with your children. We love doing anything outdoors. My daughter is really active in soccer and we’ve traveled a lot for her. My kids definitely have athletic genes! We enjoy bike riding and roller blading. My daughter loves to roller skate, so we also go to the roller rink. My kids love the water, so they swim in the pool or we go to the beach. The good thing about living in California is that the weather is pretty much always nice.
4) Who is your celeb crush? Charlie Hunnam
5) What three words best describe you? Spontaneous, adventurous, and genuine.
6) How about the contest you have for fans? Follow @HerSource for more details on how to win yoga classes with me!
7) How can we get more Ariane? Where can fans find out more about o2bArie? Follow o2bArie on Twitter and Instagram @o2bArie. I am also working on a website.
8) Future plans for a yoga studio? Not just yet. I want to wait a bit until things settle down a bit, but I do plan to open a yoga studio. My sister-in-law is very into Herbalife, so we are planning to open a yoga studio that has Herbalife products. I also plan to open a boutique as well.
Ariane’s two children are clearly a very important part of her life. In fact, after making plans to become a buyer in the fashion industry, she felt that pursuing her new o2bArie brand will allow her the opportunity to use her love of fashion and yoga, while still giving her the opportunity to spend more time with her children. “Once you have children, it changes your whole life,” Ariane shares. The father of Ariane’s children, NBA star DeShawn Stevenson, seems to support her hands-on parenting style. Ariane tries to surround herself with friends and loved ones who share her passion for a healthy lifestyle, and a devotion to family. She has a very positive outlook and infectious smile and laugh. I think we have found our break-out star from BBWLA, folks! Between her fashion and business sense, her cool, calm style, and her outgoing, positive attitude, she is surely on the right track to take o2bArie to the next level and help women from all over incorporate a healthy lifestyle and fitness regimen into their lives.
We enjoyed our time talking with Ariane and are so happy she chose to share o2bArie with CDL! Be sure to watch Ariane on Basketball Wives LA on VH1, Monday nights at 8PM. Of course, CDL will share a very detailed recap as well!
Photos Courtesy of Ariane Williams