International Pop/R&B artist Just Ivy recently released the video for her second single, which is titled “Bad Girl Takeover” and features Meek Mill & DJ Khaled. Ivy is currently working with famous choreographer Laurieann Gibson, who’s collaborated with the likes of Lady Gaga, Diddy, Nicki Minaj, and Katy Perry. Just Ivy is coming off the success of her first single, “Paradise,” featuring Akon. Needless to say, this lady knows how to rock, and she’s ready to take the music industry by storm!
Ivy was kind enough to take a few moments out of her day to answer some questions for us regarding her music, career, and inspiration. Without further ado, we’d like to introduce Just Ivy! She’s a lovely person and we can’t wait for you to meet her! After getting to know Ivy via her responses, check out the new music video below and also be sure to check out her first single, “Paradise.” It’s a good party tune with a nice beat to get that booty shaking.
1.We’d love to hear about what it was like filming the new video for your second single, “Bad Girl Takeover,” featuring Meek Mill & DJ Khaled. Can you reveal some of your personal standout moments from working on the project?
It was a great experience, and definitely something that I will always remember. I was really nervous though because it was one of the first videos I ever shot. So at this point everything was a standout moment (LOL). Khaled and Meek were great and professional, as always. It is one thing to see them in the studio and a completely different experience watching them perform in my music video. Both were amazing experiences to witness and to be a part of.
2. Have you always wanted to be a musician/performer, and was there ever a moment when you felt as if you just couldn’t pursue your dream any further? If so, what was the one thing that kept you going, kept you fighting?
I love music, I always have, and that’s what I’ve always wanted to do. There are difficult moments sometimes, but you have to keep on going and work as hard as you can, always push yourself to become better. Like everything in life. My fans are what keep me going and their constant support helps me in tough times.
3. You’ve mentioned that Whitney Houston, Beyonce, and Michael Jackson — just to name a few — are performers who’ve greatly inspired you over the course of your musical journey. What have you learned from watching/studying these performers and how do you implement those teachings into your current work?
These are great artists, for whom I have tremendous respect and admiration. However, I believe that you have to be yourself and you can only implement the result of your own work and experience in what you do, because you have to be your own person and not emulate someone else. I learn a lot every day, and the people I work with teach me a lot of things. For example, Laurianne Gibson is the one that gives me a lot of inspiration, brings a lot out of me, and teaches me many things that I didn’t know before. I love every minute of it.
4. What does the future hold for you? Where will fans be able to find you and what can they expect to hear from you in the coming months?
I’m currently hard at work rehearsing for my upcoming shows and recording new music. Our team has a lot of ideas that we are putting together, which I’m very excited about, but it’s too soon to talk about just yet.
5. I have to ask this question: Who’s your celebrity crush?
I admire Madonna because of her hard work and how she keeps coming up with something new each time, and each time it’s amazing.
6. Any last thoughts you’d like to leave with our readers?
I want to thank everyone for the constant support and all the positive feedback on my current single “Bad Girl Takeover!”