Bobbi Kristina Brown: What Happens To Whitney Houston’s $20 Million Inheritance as Houston Family Want To Terminate Life Support?

Bobbi Kristina Brown: What Happens To Whitney Houston's $20 Million Inheritance as Houston Family Want To Terminate Life Support?

As Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of Bobby Brown and the late Whitney Houston, remains in a coma at Emory University Hospital, the Browns and Houstons have been feuding about whether or not to take Bobbi Kristina off life support. However, their differing views may have little to do with Bobbi Kristina’s prognosis. Many have speculated that Bobbi Kristina’s $20 million inheritance from Whitney Houston may be influencing some members of the Houston family to pressue Bobby Brown to pull the plug.

Bobbi Kristina Brown was the sole heir to Whitney Houston’s fortune and she received 10 percent of that money on her 21st birthday. The other 90 percent was placed in a trust to be given to Bobbi Kristina when she turned 30. Whitney’s mother, Cissy Houston, is executor of Whitney Houston’s will, which means she’s responsible for distributing physical property like real estate, but Bobbi Kristina’s trust is separate from that. Whitney’s sister-in-law, Pat Houston, and Whitney’s brother, Gary Houston, are co-executors of that trust. If Bobbi Kristina dies as a result of her incident on January 31, Pat and Gary Houston will get to decide where the remaining portion of the $20 million inheritance goes. In other words, pulling the plug on Bobbi Kristina means the Houstons will gain control of Whitney Houston’s money.

Several Houston family members have been trying to get their hands on Bobbi Kristina’s inheritance from the moment Whitney died. It seems the Houstons have always felt like they were entitled to their fair share of the cash. Now that Bobbi Kristina is clinging to life, the Houston family appears to be pushing Bobby Brown to go ahead and end it all. Bobby, on the other hand, is in no rush. After all, Bobby may be in control of whether Bobbi Kristina lives or dies, but he has no claims to any of Whitney Houston’s money. Perhaps this means Bobby Brown’s motives to keep his daughter alive really are pure.

As for Nick Gordon, he doesn’t have dibs on any of the Whitney Houston fortune since he was never legally married to Bobbi Kristina. That is unless Bobbi Kristina has left a will that explicitly lists Nick as the beneficiary. It’s also worth noting that Pat Houston filed a temporary protection order against Nick from the get-go in an apparent attempt to distance him from the whole situation and especially the money.

Still, Nick Gordon has a good reason to want Bobbi Kristina’s heart beating. The police have opened a criminal investigation into Bobbi Kristina’s death and Nick Gordon is the target. With Bobbi Kristina’s chest bruises and bloodied mouth pointing to Nick’s guilt, he better hope that Bobby Brown holds out hope. If the plug is pulled, Nick Gordon could be looking at murder charges in the near future.

What do think about the Houstons pushing to take Bobbi Kristina off life support? Do they only have Bobbi Kristina’s $20 million inheritance on their minds? Since Bobby Brown won’t receive any of the money, does he genuinely care about Bobbi Kristina’s life? What about Nick Gordon? Does he just want Bobbi Kristina alive so he can beat potential murder charges down the road? Let us know what you think in the comments below and check CDL often for the latest updates on Bobbi Kristina Brown.

Photo Credit: FameFlynet

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •