Anna Nicole Smith’s Death Solved

Anna Nicole Smith died with a toxic level of the sleeping medication chloral hydrate in her system reports the National Enquirer and Star magazine. Apparently, Anna Nicole had a raging blood infection also. The infection was caused by an unsterilized needle and contributed to her death. The infection was so serious, it would have killed her if she had not overdosed. Contrary to speculation, tests show Anna Nicole did not have methadone or any other painkilling drug in her system at the time of her death.

Just before she left the Bahamas for Florida on February 5, three days before she died, Anna Nicole received an injection in her left buttock. Tests did not reveal what that substance was. “As she boarded the plane for Miami, Anna Nicole developed a painful abscess at the site of the injection,” said a source with knowledge of the case. “The needle wasn’t sterile. The pain kept getting worse as the abscess got larger and larger very quickly.”

From Miami, Anna Nicole and Howard K. Stern traveled to Hollywood, Fla. The pain from the abscess became excruciating and Anna Nicole developed a high fever. By the time she got to the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino her fever was 105. Anna Nicole, unaware that her blood was being poisoned by infection, had also developed a second infection from a virulent form of norovirus, which causes intestinal problems.

It was at this point that Anna Nicole made a fatal mistake. She refused to go to a hospital, a decision that would have saved her life. Instead, Anna’s people gave her an ice bath to control the fever, administered the antibiotic ciprofloxacin by mouth and gave her an over-the-counter flu medicine.

As the needle-caused infection took over her body, she began vomiting, had severe diarrhea and could not urinate. On February 6, a Tuesday, Anna spent the whole day in bed. She could not keep fluids down. She was becoming severely dehydrated.

On Wednesday, February 7, Anna seemed somewhat better, but she wasn’t, the source said. “She was still vomiting and suffering diarrhea,” said the source. “Again, she spent the whole day in bed, as the abscess continued to grow. She was in such pain, she just wanted to sleep.”

And that’s when the final fatal mistake was made. Sometime overnight on February 7, Anna ingested the sleeping medication chloral hydrate. The drug is extremely potent. The dose was too much ? and in fact it was a toxic level. On Thursday, February 8, Anna never woke up.

Preliminary analysis indicated the cause of death was systemic sepsis syndrome, a lethal blood infection. It was caused by the abscess of the left buttock. Further investigation revealed the fatal level of chloral hydrate.
source

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

2 responses to “Anna Nicole Smith’s Death Solved”

  1. jan says:

    And now we know…sort of…anyway. Who gave her the sleeping medicine? When she refused to go to the hospital at the onset of the pain, why didn’t her “handlers” make her go anyway? Surely they knew of her distress! Or they could have had a doctor come to treat her at the hotel. If a person is in pain and has an abcess, along with a raging fever, that should raise red flags, in my opinion. Sorry, but this whole thing still reeks of cover-up or wrongdoing. And they all say that they really loved her….hogwash!

  2. jan says:

    So the mystery has been solved, well….sort of….. We still don’t know who prescribed or administered the sleeping pills. And I am shocked that all those people who supposedly “loved” her, knew she was this ill and did nothing to get her to a doctor! if she didn’t want to go to the hospital, they could have had a doctor come to her suite. if she was in that nuch discomfort, had an abcess and a raging fever, then they must have known it was way more serious than the flu. And don’t make me believe that Howard never knew she had an abcess. She was sleeping with him for Pete’s sake! It amazes me that nobody knew about this abcess! She obviously was not in her right mind and needed to be cared for much better than she got. I smell a cover up!