Host Cat Deely announces the top 20 tonight for the eight season. Judges are; Pussycat Doll creator – Robin Antin, Dancer and Choreographer – Lil’ C, Dancer and Choreographer – Tyce Diorio, Ballroom Dance Champion – Mary Murphy and Executive Producer – Nigel Lythgoe; they are all on hand to whittle away to the top 20.
After the remaining dancers gave it their all in their solo dances, the judges narrowed the field to 31 contestants. Those 31 dancers will be narrowed down to 20 who will make the final cut and the results are brought to you by Rosie at Fit Fab Celeb.
1. Melanie Moore – Contemporary
2. Miranda Maleski – Contemporary
3. Ryan Ramirez – Contemporary
4. Jordan Casanova – Jazz
5. Sasha Mallory – Contemporary/Hip Hop (dancer for Adam Lambert’s Glam Tour this past summer)
6. Ashley Rich – Contemporary
7. Caitlyn Lawson – Contemporary
8. Iveta Lukosiute – Ballroom
9. Missy Morelli – Contemporary Jazz
10. Clarice Ordaz – Jazz
1. Ricky Jaime – Contemporary
2. Marko Germar – Contemporary/Jazz/Hip Hop
3. Jess LeProtto – Musical Theatre/Broadway
4. Robert Taylor Jr. – Hip Hop
5. Nick Young – Tap
6. Tadd Gadduang – Breaking
7. Chris Cole – Hip Hop/Breaker
8. Wadi Jones – Hip Hop/Breaker
9. Alexander Fost – Ballet
10. Mitchell Kelly – Contemporary
In the end, despite the heartbreak and judge fakery, it was all smiles, as the final 20 turned out to be an awesome mix.
Sisters Sasha and Natalie Mallory auditioned together in Atlanta, Ga., both moving on to choreography and on to Vegas, although only Sasha makes it through to the top 20 and Natalie heads home.
Jordan Casanova and Jess LeProtto are two to look out for, I think they will both make through to the top 10.
Stay tuned next week for our live recap, when we find out who stays and who is the first to leave.