The Top 20 for Season 8 of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE is finally here tonight and it’s time to see what they can deliver.
If you missed finding out who the top 20 are, you can click here. Tonight’s judges are Nigel Lithgoe, Mary Murphy, Megan McNulty. One dancer is missing tonight, Mitchell. He hurt his elbow in practice and was told by docs not to dance. Tonight’s recap is brought to you by Rosie at Fit Fab Celeb.
- Jordan who wants to be a Pussycat Doll is dancing with Tadd who is Asian and thought he was cocausian. They are doing a dance that is inspired by the lava in a volcano, it is an African Jazz routine. choreographed by Sean Cheeseman. The judges all gave the performance a thumbs up. I thought it was boring.
- Sasha who forgets her age some time is dancing with Alexander who speaks Spanish. They are doing a a Contemporary routine choreographed by Travis Wall. The judges love this one too but they all said they didn’t feel a connection between them. Another boring routine as far as I’m concerned.
- Clarice who is shy dancing with Jess who is a Nerd. They are doing a Broadway number choreographed by Tyce Diorio. The judges loved it, they said Jess was perfection but Clarice could have given a bit more. Finally, the pace is picking up – this one was good.
- Ryan who loves Mexican food and Ricky who has great team spirit. They are dancing a love story to Lyrical Hip Hop, the number is choreographed by Christopher Scott. Nigel didn’t like the facial emotions, but he loved the dancing. Mary and Megan loved it! Another thumbs down as far I’m concerned.
- Caitlin whose favorite color is green and loves Disney movies is dancing with Mitchell who is allergic to onions and loves childhood movies. Although, Robert from season seven is taking Mitchell’s place because of his injury. They are dancing a strong powerful routine Jazz routine choreographed by Sonya Toneh. All the judges thought it was awesome, I must be missing something because I thought this one was just ok.
- Miranda who still sleeps with a night light dancing with Robert AKA “Woo Man”. They are dancing a Latin routine choreographed by Jason Gilkison. The judges loved it, the audience went insane. Megan said Robert was her top 20 crush! I loved these two, finally a performance that was full of life and kept me entertained. Best performance of the night so far.
- Missy who loves Yoga and speaking in a Jamaican accent dancing with Wadi who was born in Jamaica but loves the Japanese culture. They are dancing a Jazz routine choreographed by Sean Cheeseman. Judges loved this one too – I liked it, but it wasn’t as good as Miranda and Robert. Honorary mention has to go to Wadi, not only has he never partnered before, his specialty is Breaking.
- Melanie who collects nail polish and loves chocolate chip cookies dancing with Marko who is clumsy and loves ketsup. They are dancing a Contemporary routine choreographed by Travis Wall. The judges give them a standing ovation, Mary is all choked up with emotion. The chemistry and artistry was amazing. I loved this one, it was breathtaking and beautiful. Nigel said that this one could be an Emmy nominated routine.
- Ashley who loves waffles and hot pink Uggs dancing with Chris who has a big family and loves going to movies. They are dancing a Hip Hop number about a couple that is cheating on each other that is choreograpghed byChristopher Scott. The judges liked it, they thought it was fun but they weren’t blown away. I thought it was great fun but it was not technically spot on.
- Iveta who loves monkeys and lives in NY dancing with Nick who has a fun personality. They are dancing Ballroom Quickstep choreographed by Jason Gilkison. The judges thought it was incredible, they were shocked at Nick’s performance because he is a tap dancer. I thought it was very good, Nick’s feet were amazing.
Fit Fab’s Best Performance of the night: Miranda and Robert.
Come back tomorrow night to find out who are the first dancers to get the boot and appear on The Ellen Show. Also, Jesse J performs “Who You Are”.