Jay-Z has multiple health code violations at his 40/40 Club in New York City and it appears that the happy new father of Blue Ivy is attempting to poison his customers. Jay-Z’s restaurant was shut down Thursday night following a health code inspection that revealed multiple serious health-code violations.
An inspector found perishable food at dangerously warm temperatures inside the walk-in refrigerator and discovered “hot” food left out on the counter on Thursday, Health Department sources said. A worker was also seen mixing salsa with his bare hands.
According to the New York Post sources revealed that five pounds of cooked mashed potatoes, meanwhile, were left out at a temperature of 89 degrees, while 10 pounds of cooked rice and 50 turkey burgers were kept at 67 degrees.
All the hot foods should be at least 140 degrees, the source said. The club’s restaurant was immediately closed, and new patrons were barred from entering. Those already inside were allowed to remain.
“If you have a walk-in place with food like this, you put a hell of a lot of people at risk,” said the source. “A night of dinner and dancing should not include the risk of contracting food-borne illness.”
The refrigerator was at a rancid 60 degrees instead of 41 jeopardizing the safety of 50 pounds of raw chicken wings, five pounds of raw shrimp and 100 turkey burgers, the sources said.
The club was scored 69 violation points, according to New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s website. A score of 28 or higher results in the dreaded C grade. To read more detailsclick over to the NYP here.
Since then 40/40 has appealed the ruling and been allowed to re-open pending review of their case. Go there at your own risk!
TMZ reports: Ron Berkowitz, a rep for the club, says the motor in one of the refrigerators blew just moments before the health inspector arrived … causing the temperature in the fridge to rise. Berkowtiz says the staff identified the problem immediately and had no intention of serving the food from that fridge.
Berkowitz says the fridge was fixed by noon the next day and the club was permitted to re-open. This is not the first offence for Jay-Z’s poison palace – during its last inspection, in March, before a $10 million facelift, the club racked up 39 violation points for problems including improperly handled food and unsanitary conditions.
This is exactly what we expect from someone like Jay-Z who thinks that he and his family are so superior to the rest of us. When it came to Beyonce giving birth no expense was spared – the couple spent millions on Beyonce’s pregnancy and birth, hundreds of thousands on Blue Ivy’s toys. But at the same his restaurant was run like a dump, jeopardizing the health and safety of his customers.