Kate Middleton Topless Photos: Six Photographers Go On Trial In France

52349054 The duke and duchess attend The Wales vs France Rugby RBS Six Nations match at the Stade de France on March 18, 2017. FameFlynet, Inc - Beverly Hills, CA, USA - +1 (310) 505-9876 RESTRICTIONS APPLY: USA ONLY

Kate Middleton’s topless photos are the reason six people are going on trial in France. Six defendants are accused of breach of privacy. The pics showed Kate Middleton’s topless bare boobs and lots more on a balcony of a private resident in the south of France in 2012. The royal family were outraged over the photos, calling it an invasion of privacy. At the time, the royals called the images a “grotesque and totally unjustifiable” invasion of Kate’s privacy. The photos were published one year after Prince William and Kate Middleton’s royal wedding.

Back in 2012, a St. James’s Palace released a statement to the press that said, “It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them. We feel a line has been crossed with their publication.” And now the owner and the executive editor of Closer Magazine are being tried along with the publisher of a French regional newspaper that ran Kate Middleton’s topless photos.

52348377 President of the museum Laurence Des Cars shows Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge around at Musee d'Orsay during an official two-day visit to Paris, France on March 18, 2017. FameFlynet, Inc - Beverly Hills, CA, USA - +1 (310) 505-9876 RESTRICTIONS APPLY: USA ONLY

Back in January, a lawyer for the photographers obtained a four-month delay in order to prepare for their defense. If convicted, the photographers, reporters and editors in the case can face up to one year in jail and fines up to $47,000. Prince William and Kate Middleton are asking for 1.5 million Euros from the editors of Closer Magazine and another 50,000 Euros from French regional newspaper La Provence.

Many royal observers believe that Kate Middleton isn’t happy over the fact that the trial is making headlines again. She was absolutely humiliated by the photos and now she has to relive the entire ordeal again. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are demanding significant damages. Prince William called the photos “particularly shocking” and also noted that it brought back painful memories of how his mother Princess Diana used to be treated by the paparazzi.

kate-middleton-obama

What’s more, Prince William also said that he and Kate Middleton visited the South of France hoping that they could spend a little time together. They were absolutely shocked that the photographers managed to capture Kate Middleton sunbathing topless, especially since they were taken with a long-lens camera.

A verdict is expected at a later date. So far Buckingham Palace has not made any comments about the case, but at this point there’s a very little chance that they will do so. Also, don’t forget to check back with CDL for all the latest news and updates on the royal family right here.

Image Credit: FameFlynet

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •