Liam Payne’s London Apartment Catches Fire, One Person Injured

Liam Payne's London Apartment Catches Fire, One Person Injured

First Ashley Greene, now Liam Payne. What is it with stars’ apartments catching on fire lately? Liam Payne’s London apartment reportedly caught fire earlier this week, and one of his friends was reportedly rushed to the hospital to be treated for injuries.

According to the official reports, the fire started when one of Liam’s friends was trying to ‘refuel an outdoor heater on the 34th floor balcony‘ and the ‘device exploded‘.

The London Fire Brigade released a statement saying, “Firefighters worked quickly and professionally to get the fire under control as quickly as possible. Around 30 people left the building before we arrived and were not injured. Two of the occupants had superficial burns to their hands and the third had burns to his hands and face. All three have been taken to hospital.”

The friend who was attempting to repair the outdoor heater, Andy Samuels, is reportedly suffering from 2nd degree burns all over his body and continues to recover in the hospital. Payne was not injured, nor were his other friends, and reports state that nobody else was harmed. Payne did ride with Samuels to the hospital, and a friend of Payne already revealed that while he was ‘fine’, he was very ‘worried’ about his friend – as he should be.

Andy’s girlfriend also tweeted to thank all the fans for sending their well wishes, and she added that he was finally stable. The fire reportedly took almost an hour to put out, which means that it was pretty serious and that Liam’s apartment is probably ruined.

In this particular scenario, the fire doesn’t seem like it was Liam’s fault, which can’t be said for Ashley Greene’s situation. Sometimes, accidents happen, and it sucks, but hopefully this inspires people to be careful about maintenance and hire professionals to do it.

Photo Credit: FameFlynet

One response to “Liam Payne’s London Apartment Catches Fire, One Person Injured”

  1. […] 1D star’s apartment catches fire, injuries reported — Celeb Dirty Laundry […]