Bobbi Kristina Brown’s family is with her as they wait for her body to shut down and her to pass on now that all life-extending measures have been removed. Meanwhile Pat Houston is making the funeral arrangements her niece as she waits for her to die. For now it looks like both family and law enforcement in Fulton County (where Bobbi Kristina lived and was attacked by Nick Gordon) and the state of Georgia are all waiting for Bobbi Kristina Brown’s death before they move forward with criminal charges.
By waiting for her to die, it escalates the nature of the charges to potentially progress from what would have been assault, if Bobbi Kristina remained alive (even if in a coma) to murder because she has died as a result of the injuries inflicted during the attack. While law enforcement has remained mum on what they plan to do, they have bee investigating. The final step in that investigation should be Bobbi Kristina Brown’s autopsy which will be performed as soon as she passes.
Bobbi Kristina’s injuries would have been documented during her initial treatment at Emory University Hospital, one of Atlanta’s top medical facilities. This includes bruising that would indicate which, if any, of her injuries could have come from an accidental fall versus those that would indicate physical assault and beating at the hands of Nick Gordon as has been alleged in a criminal lawsuit against Gordon. And while the allegations of violence are telling, it’s the Factual Background section of the court document that is most intriguing.
Here’s a look at what that says:
– The suit states that Nick Gordon’s relationship with Bobbi Kristina Brown has been qualified by Gordon in different stages directly tied to Bobbi Kristina’s wealth. It says prior to 2012 (which means prior to Whitney Houston’s death in February 21 that year), Gordon represented himself as Bobbi Kristina Brown’s “brother” because he was essentially a foster child in Houston’s home since the age of 12 and when Bobbi Kristina was just eight.
– But then once Whitney Houston died, the suit says because “[Bobbi Kristina] Brown inherited a substantial sum” Gordon then “assumed the position of Brown’s boyfriend.” Then the suit claims that this escalated in January 2014 when Gordon “perpetuated the fraud that he had married Brown, though in fact he never did so.”
– The suit goes on to say that the misrepresentation that he was Bobbi Kristina Brown’s husband was “used to control Brown and limit with whom she could interact.” The suit specifies that Gordon answered Bobbi Kristina’s cell phone, didn’t let her make any appointments unless he approved them, and “manipulated her bank relationship so that he could access her money” in “a scheme to benefit from her wealth.”
– The suit indicates that Gordon had no apparent job or means to generate income of his own and engaged in “routinely transferring a large portion of Brown’s funds into an account controlled solely by him, without the consent or authorization of [Bobbi Kristina] Brown.”
– Then Gordon moved from taking Bobbi Kristina’s money that came to her from Whitney Houston’s trust to threatening the trustees of her money – which included Patricia Houston who is now at Bobbi Kristina’s bedside now. Gordon was accused of posting threats towards the Houstons on his Twitter account including photos of guns and other weapons. This resulted in a restraining order that accused Gordon of “stalking” and ordered him to stay away from Pat Houston and other Houston family members.
The lawsuit indicates that Bobbi Kristina Brown was planning a split from Nick Gordon because she believed “he was not the man she thought he was” and was going to meet with someone to discuss plans to break free from Gordon on the very day he brutally attacked her resulting in injuries that are about to end her life.
What’s interesting is that the civil lawsuit says that Nick Gordon “began to commit domestic violence on Brown, including punching her in the face, knocking out a front tooth, and dragging her upstairs by her hair.” The suit seems to imply that this abuse may have taken place prior to the brutal beating that ended with her lying face down in the bathtub. The suit goes on to say that they had a loud argument on January 31 that ended with “her mouth swollen and another tooth knocked out” and Bobbi Kristina Brown “unresponsive and unconscious, face down in a bathtub.”
It’s not clear if Gordon is being accused of knocking out both her teeth in the same day or if there were two separate incidents of abuse (and possibly many, many more). The background of the suit concludes saying Bobbi Kristina Brown has “global and irreversible brain damage” and that Gordon stole more than $11,000 from Bobbi Kristina’s bank accounts after she was hospitalized for the beating.
The suit asks for $10 million. Naturally, Gordon does not have millions since he doesn’t seem to have a job or any means of supporting himself. This may be a move to block Gordon from capitalizing on Bobbi Kristina’s death by doing paid interviews, writing a tell-all book about the Browns or Houstons or any other cash grab moves. As with the OJ Simpson civil verdict, the monetary damages allowed the victims’ families to access any income Simpson generated.
This is a savvy move to shut Nick Gordon down from further taking advantage of Bobbi Kristina Brown, a woman he seems to have controlled and manipulated from childhood using a growing influence that Whitney Houston must surely have been unaware of – or too drug addled to notice.
Stay tuned to CDL for more Bobbi Kristina Brown updates and coverage as news of her health condition and the criminal murder charges against Nick Gordon become available.
Update: Bobbi Kristina Brown Died on July 26, 2015 at the Peachtree Christian Hospice just over a month after her family removed life prolonging measures.
Pat Houston makes funeral arrangements for Bobbi Kristina as she wait for her to die. FameFlynet